Taste of Casper
Casper has an impressive and growing culinary scene that has something for every taste and itinerary. With over 190 restaurants, Casper has unlimited combinations of fine dining and taste testing for your group. We've compiled some unique and local favorites below, and our office can help customize an itinerary to your groups' specific tastes.
Breakfast at Eggington’s (1.5 hours)
- Located in downtown Casper, Egginton's is a local favorite and a must-do breakfast stop. Specialties include their Florentine Benedict, Huevos Eggintons and Omelettes any which way. Come thirsty for a specialty latte, mimosa or bloody mary.
Walk to The Nicolaysen Art Museum (5 minute walk)
Art & Small Bites at the Nicolaysen (1-2 hours)
- Tour our famous Nicolaysen Art Museum, a contemporary museum featuring work from the central Rockies and high plains of the United States. With more than 25,000 square ft of galleries and exhibits, you can peruse works of art while snacking on small bites from Grant Street Grocery and Market and sipping craft libations from Urban Bottle. We can also help coordinate a Vault Tour with a museum curator to get a look at the museum's permanent collection which includes works from Picasso, Rembrandt and more.
Travel to Historic Trails West (20 minutes)
Covered Wagon Ride on the Oregon Trail & Camp Cook Out (3.5 hours)
- Experience a once-in-a-lifetime ride in an authentic covered wagon on the Oregon Trail with Historic Trails West. Experience what it was like traveling westward in the 1800s and get a firsthand look at the trail, the terrain and the history.
- Your ride will take you to the banks of the North Platte River where you'll arrive at a Teepee Village for a dutch-oven cookout lunch.
Drive to Backwards Distilling in Mills, WY (15 minute drive)
Backwards Distilling Company tour and cocktail class (1.5-2 hours)
- Tour the iconic Backwards Distilling Company with the head distiller and participate in a cocktail making class with Amber Pollock.
Drive to Silver Fox Steakhouse (10 minutes)
Dine at Silver Fox Steakhouse (1.5-2 hours)
- Get a taste of the west at one of Wyoming's top steakhouses, Silver Fox.
Sunset Dessert with a view (1- 1.5 hours)
- Enjoy sunset overlooking the city of Casper from the National Historic Trails Interpretive Center while enjoying desert and a nightcap.