Youth & School Groups
Pancake Breakfast at Host Hotel
Travel to Martin's Cove (1 hour and 15 minutes travel time)
- Visit Martin's Cove Mormon Handcart Historic Site. This historic site is the location where the Martin Handcart Company sought shelter from the elements in the fall of 1856 as the awaited rescue. The site today offers a look at life on the trail with reenactments, hands on experiences and more. (2 hours)
Drive to Independence Rock Historic Site (25 minutes travel time)
Visit Independence Rock (2 hours)
- Explore Independence Rock, a landmark and icon of travel on the Oregon Trail. As a testament to their journey, travelers of the trail carved their names into this behemoth rock that stands 136 feet tall and covers an area of 24.81 acres. Today it’s a poignant reminder of the sacrifice and fortitude of those who knew a better future lay before them. Take an afternoon to visit this national historic landmark where you might just find the names of some of your ancestors.
- Catered picnic lunch at Independence Rock
Drive back to Casper (1 hour travel time)
Discover National Historic Trails Interpretive Museum
- Tour of National Historic Trails Center. This world-class facility commemorates Native American history, early explorers, and the travel corridor of the Oregon, Mormon, California, and Pony Express trails, as well as the Bridger and Bozeman trails through hands-on, interactive exhibits in seven galleries and an 18 minute multi-media program.
Drive to Blackmore Shopping Center (10 minutes travel time)
Dinner and Movie at Blackmore Shopping Center (2-3 hours)
- Catered dinner & drive-in movie
Return to hotel