Tourism is Wyoming’s second largest industry, and in the Casper area alone, equates to more than $306.3 million in economic impact for our local economy. Travel to the Casper area is a force driving our community forward and its ripple effect can be felt across nearly every business and industry.
Quick travel and tourism facts for Casper and Natrona County:
- Natrona County welcomed 1.7 million overnight visitors in 2021 (an increase of 27.8% from 2020) with $241.7 million spent in direct visitor spending
- Travelers contributed $17.1 million in state and local sales taxes
- Without travel and tourism, the average household in Natrona County would pay $522 more in taxes for existing government services
- The industry supports 2,500 jobs, right here at home (4.7 percent of Natrona County’s private industry employment)
- Without the jobs generated by the travel industry, the 2021 Natrona County unemployment rate of 4.6 percent would have been 9.3 percent