Visit Casper Business Challenge
It’s no secret the tourism industry was one of the hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic. As a way to stimulate recovery of the visitor economy and drive new growth in the sector Visit Casper is pleased to offer an opportunity that could launch a few lucky entrepreneur’s dreams into reality. The Visit Casper Business Challenge seeks to catalyze tourism in the Casper area by providing seed money for existing or new businesses in the travel & hospitality industry. The challenge includes an application followed by a semi-final and final round of interviews by a panel of judges to identify who will be eligible to apply to a $50,000 seed fund.
Applications for the 2022 Visit Casper Business Challenge will open on September 7, 2022. Check back here for details. In the meantime, click here for a full list of general guidelines.
2021 Visit Casper Business Challenge Winners
Final interviews took place on Friday, November 12, 2021 and the judges selected four winners to receive a portion of the $50,000 seed fund.
- Kristin Wilson, Gear Up and Get Out There
- Angie Schrader, Flow State
- Tiffany Gamble, Hat Six Travel Center and Sleep Inn
- James Scoon, Wyoming Office of Tourism
- Nat Steinhoff, Lisa Burridge and Associates
- C Bracket Horse Barn – Christy Martinez
- Old Town Family Fun – Juliann Harvey
- Alcova Resort – Russell Mason and Razi Saydjari
- Barbarian Roasters – Jon and Gayle Ramsey
In 2021, this initiative was made possible through CARES funding, with the goal of helping Casper’s visitor economy recover and drive new destination growth.