Are you an events guru that has a knack for making magic happen? If you have a passion for well-coordinated events that make an impact, we’re looking for you. Visit Casper is hiring a full-time Event Specialist that is responsible for assisting with the planning, marketing and coordination of events designed to attract visitors to the Casper Area.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as the lead project manager for event logistics for Restaurant Week, the 5150’ Feast, 5150’ Festival, College National Finals Rodeo, Fly Fish Casper and other events supported by Visit Casper.
- Coordinate and facilitate all aspects of event planning including partnerships, sponsorships, entertainment, set up, tear down, marketing materials, contract negotiation, budget development and vendor management.
- Be the primary liaison between stakeholders including the City of Casper, Natrona County, partners and promoters to ensure successful event execution.
- Act as the liaison for Visit Casper on various committees as assigned by the CEO.
- Maintain a current database/file for each event including contact information, historic and future information. Provide monthly reports on statistics to be distributed to management and event promoters.
- Work with Visit Casper staff to track the economic impact of each event using the Destinations International Event Impact Calculator.
- Assist staff in community information finding to update calendar of events. Participate in functions, receptions, events and trade shows as needed.
- Communicate with hotels to obtain, secure and assist with new bookings and statistics.
- Look for creative ways to drive new revenue for each event.
Must be able to communicate consistently, concisely and clearly with all stakeholders to build support for identified initiatives and outcomes. The successful candidate must be strong in collaboration, communication and project management to ensure flawless execution.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
2-year college degree and 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access)
- Skilled in event planning and customer service
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. The incumbent must be able to hear and speak effectively to communicate by telephone and in person. Also, must have visual acuity to read documents and for use of personal computer; on occasion may be requested to lift up to 35 pounds.
Key Selection Criteria
- 3-5 years in customer service and event management
- Communicate with diplomacy and sensitivity with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to accurately prepare monthly reports and other documents as needed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Computer proficient in MS Office, Internet and database programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all levels of management, City officials, vendors, fellow employees and citizens
- Ability to effectively speak in front of small or large crowds
- Must be tactful and courteous and able to display an appropriate public image when representing Visit Casper.
- Possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements, in Word or PDF format, to:
No telephone calls, please.
The position is open until filled.
Benefit Package includes medical, dental, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave and 401K plan with matching contribution.