If you are a font fanatic who loves bringing creative ideas to life, you belong on the Visit Casper team as our Creative Specialist. The Creative Specialist will play a central role in an in-house marketing team, serving as our designer, brand steward and go-to team member for all things visual. This position is responsible for conceptualizing, creating and maintaining the integrity of all visual aspects of the Visit Casper brand. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of brand projects, including digital, print and out of home, across multiple brands in the Visit Casper portfolio.
- Conceptualize and execute creative solutions for a diverse set of marketing and cross-functional campaigns, websites, print, advertisements, email and other design initiatives as needed
- Manage and coordinate all design requests from internal and external sources
- Alongside the marketing team, execute the marketing strategy into functional design systems and element
- Drive consistency in design treatments across campaigns, achieving alignment with brand standards
- Design for a broad range of media including print, digital, social and visual signage
- Contribute to discussions that create unique, differentiated, and compelling creative concepts, providing recommendations to the marketing team
- Be a steward of the Visit Casper portfolio of brands, including but not limited to Visit Casper, 5150’ Local, Film Casper, Choose Casper and the Casper Area Tourism Ambassador Program.
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Provide backup support for other staff as needed
- Participate in functions, receptions, events, and trade shows as needed
- May travel to attend meetings, conference and trainings.
- May be required to attend special events and meeting during evenings and weekends as needed.
- Skill in prioritizing, tracking and managing multiple projects, assignments and duties.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Natural creator that understands the nuance of great design and that layout, type and color choices matter.
- Strong graphic design and production skills with experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Strong typesetting and page layout skills.
- Adaptability in handling a variety of assignments with changing priorities and parameters.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities.
- Self-starter who is eager to help craft ideas, able to set goals and priorities and operate in a rapidly changing environment.
- Lifelong learner who is willing to continually improve personally and professionally, learn new things and refine their skills.
- Critical, conceptual thinker with excellent attention to detail
The ability to work well with others and resolve conflicts, comfortable with MS Office. Must possess superb writing, editing and proofreading skills. The successful candidate will be highly organized, able to work under pressure, able to physically stand for long periods of time and lift and carry boxes up to 35 pounds. Must be/become a Certified Tourism Ambassador™ and be willing to learn our CMS platform.
The successful candidate will also be expected to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
Employment with Visit Casper is at will for both the employer and employee. Visit Casper is an equal opportunity employer. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and possess a valid State of Wyoming Driver’s License. 3-5 years of relevant experience in graphic design and/or marketing is preferred. Photography and videography are a plus.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and examples of your work to email@example.com. No phone calls please.